The Stanley

All chat relating to Cheltenham Town Football Club.
wiseup

The Stanley

Post by wiseup » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:39 am

Will be interesting to see how the new boys fit in to our style of play in this stiff challenge. As good as last week was, it was against 10 men. But that is not taking anything away from the way we managed to for once put the game out of reach.
One of our frequent failings, has been the inability to back up a good performance, with another.
Saturday will be a stern test. However, with Manny back giving much needed speed in defence and a seemingly more mobile attacking force. I am quietly confident of us getting something out of this game. I wonder will we have a LB in before Saturday?

wiseup

Re: The Stanley

Post by wiseup » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:02 am

Well that was singularly unimpressive. Pretty much got what we deserved out of that game. Lack lustre performance. Winchester the only one who deserved his place today.

theidlerich2

Re: The Stanley

Post by theidlerich2 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:32 am

.......that's a tad harsh! Agree with Winchester, my mom, but weak tackling, poor passing from mid-field cost us [apart from the two defensive howlers!], Thought new lad Ade looked "lost" - will need game time to get up to speed. Desperately need defence reinforcements; rather too quiet on that front. As most here and on RN round pegs in round holes becoming a necessity; over to the scouting and management to sort that out.